I was born on March 25 1991 at time that was near Easter at place that at the time was a small town called San Pedro. My parents are Luis Alberto Alamilla and Melinda Alamilla. We are a family of four with one other sibling, my younger sister Nayomi Alamilla. When I came to the world I was a baby to suffer a lot because I was born with asthma which I inherited from my mother. I use to have horrible asthmas attacks, that at times my parents did not know what to do with me or if I would make it. Both of my parents worked hard. My mother owning a small store, and my father who worked two jobs as a manager of a gas station during the day and as a DJ of a night club at San Pedro. Most of my childhood life I grew up without parents since they had to work all the time. I was raised mostly by my two cousins who wore like brothers to me because my grandparents didn’t give much support from my mother’s side and my other grandparents use to live in Belize. Growing up for me was hard for I remember I was sent to school before I turned two because there was no one to look after me. I kept getting sent to different kindergartens, I at least got sent to 5 of them 3 that wore private and two that wore public. As a young child it was a very bad and mischievous without the proper guidance from my parents I only depended on my cousins to show me the way of life. When I entered primary school I was the age of four. I attended the Roman Catholic school for 5 years. I Remember in beginners was the first time I got in a fight, can’t remember the reason but I do recall stabbing the person with a pencil and getting sent to the principal office. There I was made to kneel down in her office for hours with huge books in each hand as punishment. I kept getting in fights all through my early childhood; to me it was a way of solving problems and proving who was the baddest. Well that’s what I learned from my cousins. When I use to get home most of the times my parents would fight, they seemed miserable from too much work. There was a time that I would barely see my father because he worked so much that I only saw him once a week on Sunday at seven in the night when he would be waking up. To get away from this I would often bang school or as soon as school was down I would run to my cousins’ house and hang there with all his friends. They wore all like family if anyone would bother they would protect me, show me how to play sports and how to live for myself. After standard two I got move to a private school known as L.I.F.E. My mothers place me there because I was behaving too badly in the other primary school. I was a very smart student, use to usually come in third of my class, but was too much of a trouble maker. At LIFE institute I gained more attention this is where I became a more positive person. I was a popular student because everyone always enjoyed the class clowns; here was where I had my first crushes. I was a very friendly person, my life seem to change at this point. My dad had upgraded to one job, my mothers business was going good so she was around more. In this school is where I met my friends that I grew up with and bonded for life, my first crushes and girlfriends. The rest of my primary school life was the best years of my life all through graduation. At high school my parents had decided to send me to Saint John’s College at Belize City. I remember my first day at school was the roughest I didn’t know anybody and no one knew me. At that school was an all guys school here I wasn’t appreciated much. I was treated like an alien since lived most of my life in San Pedro, I was being discriminated. The first year was the hardest I had to make friends the hard way. I was an ignorant person kept getting into trouble and don’t peoples remark lightly. I was suspended once and was at the bridge of getting expelled. The other year I was adapting to the school and my environment. People wore changing their views of me. In Belize I stayed with my grandparents, they lived to the bad side of town. Here was I met some friends from next door. They wore friends that I had made for convenience. I gained respect from them and they wore like my back up. I eventually took them as family. The third year at johns was when I got in real trouble. One day after school I was hurrying home to catch the 3:30 flight to san Pedro so I took a short cut through an alley. Here I was stopped by two men. Before I could say anything they jumped and threatened me. I remember someone shouting police and the two guys’ fleeing away. I just picked up myself and rid home. I was traumatized by this that I remember shaking for a whole day. After this my parents had decided for me to continue school in san Pedro. Nearly after an year at school my closest friend from school who lived next door from me passed away. He was drinking with a couple of friends when he invited me over. When I arrived all three seemed drunk and he was stubborn of going for a swim. They left and I had stayed back to lock the house. When I arrived at the dock there was no sight of him. When I spotted him I quickly jumped in the water and took him out of the water and he was immediately taken to Belize he passed away 5 days after the incident. Then 2 weeks later my closest uncle passed away from a car accident. These are just things that had just scarred me for life. I graduated from San Pedro high School where I now attend school at Corozal junior college, where I am currently on my last semester and hope to graduate.
No comments:
Post a Comment